One year ago, I posted about my card making goals for 2012. I'm back to recap my progress and set new goals.
1. I want to do every OWH sketch this year. Past and upcoming sketches together, that will be just over 150 sketches. I nearly met this one, but I missed the last few due to being away from home for the holidays. I'll get them done ASAP and report back.
I want to color at least 20% of my cards because I need to develop this
skill. This will be hard to track, but can be a guiding percentage as I
craft. This definitely didn't happen. I'm just more attracted to papers than stamped images, I guess. I did color more than I had in the past, and I can see some improvement in my coloring.
3. I want to include at least 1 AnyHero card for every 50
cards I make. I'm often so into the crafting that I neglect to write
special messages for our heroes. I sent over 200 Any Hero cards, most of which were written by my 8th grade students as part of their service learning.
4. Purge then organize my craft room. I saw my aunt's space over the holidays and was enamored with her very organized space. My mom visited me in the summer and we tackled this project together. See the post here.
With most of my 2012 goals met, I'm looking ahead to 2013. Here are a few things I'd like to accomplish:
1. Submit for a publication. I'm not going to say "get published" because that's not something I can actively control, but I can make sure I actually submit something.
2. Continue with the OWH sketches. We'll have 200 by the end of the year, but I won't feel the need to start over at #1 this year like I did in 2012.
3. Put no less than 5 AnyHero notes in each box I ship. I'll be writing in memory of my great uncle, a WWII veteran who passed away at the end of 2012.
Cards shipped to OWH in 2012: 1284 blank and 218 AnyHero
Cards shipped to OWH in 2011: 1695
Check out OWH at www.operationwritehome.org to learn more about its mission and how to get involved.